Click here to Submit Abstract
Abstract Submission Guidelines:
IAGES 2020 Guwahati
Scientific Committee welcomes all delegates to submit their abstracts of original work for oral, video and e-poster presentation at the Annual Congress of The Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Indo Surgeons. The deadline
for abstract submission is 15th November 2019.
The theme of the conference is “Innovations, Technological Advances & Safety of MAS”
and we would be delighted if you can contribute something on the future of endo-surgery and safety of emerging technologies.
Please follow the below instructions before submitting the abstracts for IAGES 2020 Guwahati:
Proposed Categories of Abstracts:
- Foregut Surgery
- Hepato - Biliary and Pancreas
- Solid Organs- Liver, Spleen & Adrenals
- Hernias – Groin/Abdominal wall Hernias
- Thoracoscopy/ VATS
- Endoscopy & Colonoscopy, ERCP
- Robotic Surgery
- Emerging Technology & Techniques
- G. I Oncology
- Teaching, Training & Skill in Surgery
- Bariatric Surgery
- Industry Symposium
Abstracts submission will be in the form of:
- ORAL PRESENTATION (10 min)
- VIDEO PRESENTATION (8 min)
- E- POSTER PRESENTATION
- All abstracts must be submitted through the official website: www.iages2020.com .
- In order to log onto the submission site, you will have to create a username and password.
- Submitting an abstract DOES NOT register you for IAGES 2020 Guwahati unless the payment formalities are completed.
- Registration is mandatory to present your abstract in the conference.
- The abstracts must contain original content which is not published or presented at any other national or international conferences prior to the IAGES 2020.
- The abstract text to be limited to 250 words and is to be structured with the following heading
- Aims & Objectives
- Material & Methods
- A single image or table can be attached if necessary
- Keywords upto 5
- Once the abstract is submitted, NO REVISIONS/ EDITING will be allowed. Authors have the option to SAVE the abstracts as a DRAFT in case they feel that the abstracts needs to be reworked on.
- When submitting an abstract for review, make sure you click the submit button one time only. If you do not click the submit button, your abstract will be saved in the “drafts” section of the submission site. “Draft” submissions will not be considered for review.
- The author may choose between the option of Poster, video or Oral presentation. However, the scientific committee reserve the right to accept/ reject / assign a different presentation type to all the abstracts submitted.
- The abstracts sent in the mail will not be accepted for review.
- All video presentations need to be submitted as a link for the edited video either in YouTube/Dropbox/Google drive.
- Delegates submitting the abstract need to register before 31st August to be able to present their work in the conference.
- All abstracts for Poster presentations will be accepted only in MS Word format.
- Please do not include tables, graphs and images in the abstract.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission.
- Copyrights & legal obligation
- All information in the abstract submission, including authors’ names, affiliations, authors order of listing, and the content of abstract, will be used in the Congress publications, on the conference website and in the conference mobile app.
- It is recommended that the contributor checks every column carefully before submitting the abstract.
- The contributor carries legal obligations of the abstract; any violation to a third party’s right will be the responsibility of the contributor him/herself.
- Prizes will be announced for best poster during the valedictory function. The first author has to be present during the valedictory function to receive the prize, if selected.
- Be present near your poster in the poster display area, during the poster viewing time, which will be informed to you once selected.
- If you wish, you can prepare handouts of your poster for distribution to any interested viewer.
- For Video Presentations:
- Videos should be in HD Quality.
- Time limit would be 8 minutes (Maximum).
- Maximum 3 introductory slides & 1 concluding will be accepted within the time frame.
- All the abstracts will be judged by eminent faculty, and top 3 abstracts will be selected for special prizes or awards which will be announced and will be intimated.
- Deserving abstracts will be given priority to be published in the Journal of Minimal Access Surgery (JMAS) depending on the content, quality and approval of the reviewing committee.
- IAGES 2020 has the copyright to use the abstract in the Congress, on it's website and in the conference mobile app for scientific purposeswithout any prior notice to the contributor/authors
- Last Date of Submission: 15th November 2019
- Results to be Announced: 30th November 2019
Any further queries regarding to submission, please feel free to contact
Registration & Submission Secretariat:
Mr. Rahul Gupta
Mob: +91 6003229823